South Tyneside Council


Online council services and payments

Private hire operator's licence

If you want to take bookings for private hire vehicles you need a Private Hire Operator's Licence.

We will check if you need planning permission to run your business. We will also consider any likely effects on the residents living near to the business.

If you would like us to send you an application pack please fill in the following form.

This form is currently unavailable