South Tyneside Council


Online council services and payments

Loan Sharks and Unlicensed Money Lenders

Anyone lending money to consumers as a business needs to be licensed under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This legislation provides a lot of protection and rights to borrowers,

We would like to hear from you if you have information relating to anyone lending money without being licensed, charging excessive interest rates, harassment and threatening behaviour to recover monies owed.

Steps to complete this form

  1. Enter lender details
  2. Enter information concerning the loan

Items you will need to complete this form

  1. Lender details

Log in

Forgotten your log in details?

Register now

  • We'll remember your personal details
  • Get easy access to all of your transactions
  • Keep up-to-date with the latest online services

Register now

No thank you, just let me fill in the form